Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Best Un-Thanksgiving Ever!

I've always felt that there is too much emphasis on the date of a holiday. Aside from Halloween, I honestly feel like a holiday can be celebrated a day or two early..
in this case it was almost a week!


Thomas and I decided to stay at home for the holidays this year; with the baby, economy and just our general desire to stay home..
My parents were able to come out this week to celebrate Thanksgiving early.


It felt so much like Thanksgiving I kept forgetting that it wasn't for the rest of the country. I had eagerly anticipated my Twilight Zone marathon on TV and why the phone was so quiet. Then I remembered. Thomas knew how much I was missing my favorite sci-fi show, and ran down to the library with Isabelle to pick up some Twilight Zone dvd's - what an awesome husband!!


Thanks to our early bird baby, my mother and I got an early start on all the cooking. We made all our favorites and tried out some new ones. We had deviled eggs, shrimp cocktail, crab dip, and a yard o' beef for starters. Then we had a golden baked turkey, my yummy sweet potato casserole, REAL cranberry relish, oyster dressing, bacon & onion green green beans, and mashed potatoes. For dessert we enjoyed pecan pie with Bourbon whipped cream.. all from scratch! It was YUMM-O!!! And leftovers this morning are all the better!


We topped the evening off by watching "Miracle on 34th St."..
we'll be watching "It's A Wonderful Life"tonight..


This year I'm so thankful! Thankful we were blessed with a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Thankful to be blessed with a loving and supportive husband. Thankful for my loving parents that are always there for us and Isabelle. Thankful for all the wonderful friends in my life. Thankful Thomas' job is secure in an unstable economy. Thankful for all that we have and more..


I hope all of you have an equally beautiful holiday and truly feel thankful in your lives...regardless of when you celebrate the day!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Loved reading your thankful list. And I agree it doesn't matter when you celebrate the holidays, it's how!