Wednesday, April 30, 2008
.. not sure if it's me or Isabelle that should answer.. so we both will!
My 3 random things
- I have a love affair with knee socks. The more colorful the better
- I hardly have painted fingernails.. sometimes pedicures, but never manicures
- I am jealous of this old guy's garden. And Thomas LOVES to tease me about it. Grrr..
Isabelle's 3 random things
- I love, love, love music. Doesn't matter what kind.
- I am a water baby. Bath day is fun day!
- I laugh in my sleep.
And I am lazy.. so if you're reading this... consider yourself TAGGED!
The rules for 3 random things:
1. Post 3 random things about yourself.
2. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
3. Tag at least 5 other bloggers. (or you can be lazy like me..)
4. Let then know they have been tagged by commenting on their blog with an invite to participate.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Now that she's awake for about half the day, she's getting kind of bored. Apparently there is only so much snuggling on the recliner with mom that she can stand. So I finally tried to put her in the swing Annalee bought her. Um... she was pretty down right scared the first time. She is starting to warm up to it, but Isabelle is pretty much of the opinion that if she is gracing you with her presence, you will hold her. And since I know in 13 years when Isabelle's convinced I'm the most embarrassing mother known to man, all I will wish for are the days when I could hold her.. so I gladly hold on to her all day :-)
Okay love the idea of giving a potted plant or flower as a favor! Problem is her signature flower (yes she has one already!) are pink & purple tulips.. no one is shipping bulbs till fall!! Grr.. still like the idea, so I'll have to see what nurseries are selling these days..
I'll be posting more "Life With Isabelle" pics on Flickr today..
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I'm gearing up for Isabelle's first party ever! I'm so excited and daunted by the task. I want everything to be perfect for my little girl, and well that's becoming a tall order.
What on Earth do you give as a favor at a Baptism party? I would like to give each couple a memory album of the day, but for obvious reasons I couldn't give that at the party. So what to do?
The Internet is chock full of every hideous cheesy favor you can imagine. And they are the same for each occasion! I don't want her name and Baptism date slapped on a candy bar, bubbles, soap, or anything like that. Can you believe I actually saw today where they were selling Cosmopolitan and Margarita mix as a favor for this religious occasion!! Granted there will be champagne and beer at the party, but as a parting gift?!?
Ugh! What to do when there are too many guests to buy each person a real gift..
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
* Isabelle slept for 5 hours last night! It was an amazing thing, a beautiful thing, a much desired thing. Keep it up sweet girl!!
* And my milk production is finally increasing. I now have 2 lactation consultants, take every herb known to man that is supposed to help, drink water like I'm a fish, and much much more. I'm hoping in the next week or two we can go back to ONLY nursing.. If anyone else is having some nursing issues, keep up with it.. Things can get better!!!
And I guess that's about it for milestones. Isabelle's hair is getting longer and darker. Her eyes are more of a steel blue now as well. She is as beautiful and sweet as ever.
Hope all is well in cyber space...
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
This is why I love Confessions of a Pioneer Womanhttp://thepioneerwoman.com/2006/08/juice_bag_progr.html
You have to click and listen to "Juice Bag Progress", the other audio isn't working because she's updating the site.
Yup, this is why Thomas & I had a baby...
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Top 10 things I love about Isabelle
1. Her smile (she is a smiley baby.. until I bring the camera out!)
2. Her sounds (she "sings" while she eats and sleeps)
3. Her grunts (hilarious!)
4. Her incredible sweet nature (we are beyond lucky!)
5. When she grasps my fingers (i know it's a reflex, but it tugs at my heart!)
6. Her way of looking angelic in each and every outfit (and she's got tons!!)
7. Her big beautiful eyes ( now she's awake more we get to see them!)
8. Her baby chick hair-do (and Thomas thinks I should be able to comb it..ha,ha!)
9. When she looks at me like I'm the greatest thing on Earth (helps calm my fears!!)
10. Her Bell butt (my baby got back!)
Top 10 Things I Know Now About Motherhood
1. To "worry" is no longer a verb, it is a state of being
2. Although you're always sure you probably doing something wrong, you're utterly convinced no one else will do it as well as you
3. When you think you have nothing else to give at the end of the day, you magically find a way
4. Women and men do things different (ie. burping, diaper changing, etc..)
5. No one is good enough for your child :-)
6. Showers are a gift from God when there is time
7. You had SO much more free time than you ever imagined
8. Time flies
9. Your mother was right
10. All single parents should be given standing ovations 24/7
All my love to ya my sweet baby girl!