During the trip from Tucson to Phoenix, my dad and I got into a discussion about the 5 most influential books we've read. How we got to that conversation is a long path, but it is an interesting question - and far more difficult to answer that it would first appear. To find ONLY 5 books that changed your life - not simply 5 books that you liked..
Here is a my list...
1. Wide Sargasso Sea - for its deconstruction of a novel and analysis of a woman. And yes I did one of my thesis' on it so I do have quite alot love for it.
2. Ulysess - for its amazing first take on internal dialogue.
3. The Photoshop CS2 book for photographers - it has become my bible (thanks Annalee!)
4. Great Expectations - the book I hold dear. It's a toss up on whether I choose it for love or the effect. To me it is what literature aspires to be.
5. Orientalism - the "other".. such a profound subject. It helped me to understand my fascination with the Wicked Witch... really it did!
Of course I love a gizzlion books.. but that was not the question :-)
And Miss Isabelle has moved into a full active stage. She reacts to Thomas' voice and *loves* when I have time to lay on my side - that's soccer time!! Izzy has kicked for her Daddy, her Grandma Bell, her aunty Reggie, and her cousin Chloe. Grandpa Bell is quite anxious for his turn!!