Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another Night at the Movies

Well since Thomas is on nights and my work is decreasing, I'm back to my movie habit. I try to pick ones that Thomas would refuse to watch or sleep through. However last night HBO aired "Children of Men", a movie I thought would be worth TIVO'ing for us to watch later in the week.

I got hooked in, and I want those 2 hours of my life back. What a piece of crap!! I'm sorry, it's very hard for me to watch something for its pure entertainment value. Blame it on my BA or my own pop's need to dissect, regardless I analyze too much.

This movie does not try to explain why fertility ceased or why it starts again. It doesn't try to explain why the world (or at least the UK) has been brought to its knees or the connection to infertility. It doesn't explain "The Uprising" or "The Human Project". There is no insight nor thoughtful scientific discussion. It's 2 hours of crap.

Boo Hiss. I typically love Julianne Moore's choice, but was this just for money?

And last week we watched "The Kingdom". Very hard for me to accept the movie set. It was largely filmed on the ASU East campus.. I know that place like the back of my hand.. Really weird to see it as "Saudi Arabia"..

Oh and we watched "The Last King of Scotland". It was okay.. parts of the movie were interesting. The acting was good..
P.S. I hate contractors.. It is starting to feel like our basement is cursed. Note to self, make contractor voo doo dolls..

1 comment:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I hated the Children of Men too! I saw it in the theater and it was awful!